Acadia Insurance President
- Douglas M. Nelson, President
Snapshot of Acadia
- Acadia Insurance specializes in commercial property casualty insurance.
- First began in 1992 by insuring businesses in Maine.
- Today, Acadia offers insurance programs for businesses throughout New England and New York State with local offices in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont.
- Acadia Insurance is backed by W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB), one of the nation's premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers, and one of the 50 largest diversified financial companies in the United States.
- A.M. Best A+ (Superior)
- Standard & Poor's A + (Strong)
- Moody's A2 (Strong)
- Fortune 500 Company
Acadia distributes its products exclusively through a network of 200+ independent agencies located in more than 600 cities and towns throughout New England and New York State.
The Closer Coverage Commitment
Acadia understands the needs of a business as well as the communities it serves and provides policy holders with the best possible insurance solution closest to the customer.
Policy holders making a claim will receive on-site support from dedicated, local claims professionals to guide them through the claim process in the event of a loss.
Products & Services:
- Commercial Property
- General Liability
- Workers' Compensation
InlandMarine products include:
- Builder's Risk – New Residential and Commercial Construction and Renovation
- Contractor's Equipment Coverage
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Antique and Fine Arts Dealer's Coverage
- Warehouse Legal Liability
- Jeweler's Block
- Museums and Historical Societies
- Transportation Coverage
- Auctioneer's Coverage
- Mobile Property Floater
Ocean Marine products include:
- Yacht Program
- Marina Operator's Legal Liability
- Boat Dealer's Coverage
- Lobster Boats
- Passenger Carrying Vessels (whale watch, water taxis, ferries)
- Research Vessels
- Tug & Barge
- Wharfinger's Legal Liability
- Ship Repairer's Legal Liability
Acadia provides Express Claim Service for all claims reported during normal business hours and can be reached toll-free at 888-325-0056 or 800-773-4300.
We are close to our customers around the clock through our Serious Claims Service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can be reached toll-free at 800-691-4966.
Acadia provides high quality, professional Loss Control Engineering Services in the areas of management loss control consultation, loss analysis, construction safety, property protection, employee protection, fleet/auto safety, public exposure protection, business security and crime control, and winter driving safety.
Acadia offers Synergy Risk ManagementSM, a unique multi-disciplinary approach to reducing frequency and severity of accidents as well as the exposures that lead to accidents. Synergy provides agents and insureds a mechanism to work with Acadia's skilled professionals to proactively manage risk.