Whether you manage a fleet of vehicles or operate just one vehicle, any claim involving your vehicles can lead to a significant business interruption. If your company vehicle is involved in an accident or suffers damage, our claim representatives respond promptly to assess any resulting damage and to arrange for temporary replacement vehicles so that everyone can get back on the road as soon as possible.
Commercial Auto Loss Mitigation
What to do in the event of a loss:
- Report the claim to your agent or directly to us as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Do not move your vehicle prior to the police arriving (unless it presents a safety hazard).
- When it is safe to do so, take detailed photos of the scene immediately, before conditions change. Remember that most cell phones have cameras, if a camera is not otherwise available.
- Secure contact information for all parties and witnesses to the loss.
- If a vehicle is towed, secure the name and contact information of the facility it was towed to; make a note of how many wreckers and personnel were involved in the recovery.
- Note whether an ambulance or rescue was called for any reason, or whether anyone involved in the accident complained of pain or injury.
- In the event of a serious injury or fatality, take steps to ensure that your vehicle’s “black box” data is preserved, if possible.